Ticket prices are set by the (independent) Promoters and Organisers of the concerts and events which are staged at the venues. The Promoters and Organisers distribute tickets for sale through various Ticket Agents and in effect The Ticket Factory simply acts as another one of these Agents.
2. Why do you charge booking fees?
3. What is the transaction fee for?
A transaction fee is a one-off charge per order. It covers the administration costs and overheads associated with each ticket sale.
The Ticket Factory regularly reviews the level of booking and transaction fees in order to remain as competitive as possible.
4. Why isn’t it cheaper to book online?
The Ticket Factory has invested significant resources in our Online ticketing system and booking fees are charged for accepting credit and debit card payments. The Ticket Factory regularly reviews the level of booking fees to ensure they are consistent with other comparable venues across the UK.
5. Can I book tickets in person?
LG Arena Box Office
The NIA Box Office
King Edwards Road
Birmingham Tourism Centres and Ticketshop
150 New Street
PLEASE NOTE: Booking fees will apply to all tickets purchased from Birmingham Tourism Centres and Ticketshop. However, booking fees will not apply at LG Arena Box Office or The NIA Box Office to customers paying by cash and Gift Voucher.
6. When is the box office open?
The NIA Box Office is open on event days only.
Opening hours are subject to change at short notice. To confirm our opening times before travelling to LG Arena or The NIA to purchase tickets please call 0844 581 1311 for up to date information.
7. What payment cards can I use to buy tickets?
8. Is my online payment secure?
9. What if the secure page does not appear to be secure?
If you have any queries please contact Technical Support .
Your Card Security Code (CSC) appears on the reverse of your card and is the last 3 digits of the printed number at the top of the signature strip. The number at the top of the signature strip is usually the full credit card number followed by the CSC but is sometimes the last 4 digits of the card number followed by the CSC.
11. When will I receive my tickets?
If there is a delay the only delivery method available at the time of booking will be 'Mail - Delayed Delivery'.
Tickets booked using a Credit or Debit card must be posted to the Card Holder's registered address. We are obliged to implement this rule under the terms of our contract with the Card Issuers (VISA, MasterCard, American Express etc.) and are unable to make any exceptions.
13. Can my tickets be posted abroad?
Tickets booked using cards that are registered to addresses outside the UK, cannot be posted abroad and instead will automatically be held for collection at the venue Box Office regardless of the delivery method chosen at the time of booking.
14. Can I collect my tickets?
If tickets are being held for collection the only delivery method available at the time of booking will be 'To Collect from Venue Box Office'.
PLEASE NOTE: Customer Services usually require 48 hours notice to arrange collection of tickets and that Standing Tickets can ONLY be collected from the show Venue Box Office, after 4pm on the day of the show.
PLEASE NOTE: Tickets for evening concerts and events will be available for collection from 1 hour 30 minutes prior to the show start time.
15. Can I collect my tickets if I don’t have the card I paid with?
16. What is an eticket?
- No more waiting for tickets by post!
- Have your tickets right away!
- No waiting in box office collection queues!
An eticket is an exciting new type of ticket which is sent to you by email directly after you have completed your booking. You simply print the tickets yourself at your convenience before the event, in black and white or colour, then bring them with you to the event. You can even forward them on to other people attending the event so that they can print their own tickets and meet you at the venue. The advantage is that you get your tickets right away, safely and conveniently, without waiting for them to be delivered by post.
Follow this link for an example of an eticket.
Once you have booked tickets with "Email - eticket" as your delivery method, an email will be sent to your email account. This email will confirm your booking and a PDF will be attached that contains your etickets. You should then save the eticket on your computer and print it at a convenient time. When you arrive at the event, the barcode on your etickets will be scanned and you will be admitted.
18. What if I print more than one copy of my ticket or a photocopy is made?
Only the first scan of the barcode on your eticket will be allowed entry. Make sure you keep it in a safe place like any other ticket! If more than one copy were to arrive, the barcode scanner will alert the steward that the eticket has already been scanned. If there is a dispute, the purchaser's name appears on each eticket.
19. If I order multiple tickets to the same event, how many emails will I get?
You will receive one confirmation email with a PDF attachment containing all etickets purchased for that order. The PDF file will have multiple pages with one eticket per page. Please note that if you place an additional order for more etickets to the same event, you will receive another email.
If you use Microsoft Outlook Express you may have security set to block the viewing of attachments. If this is the case you will see a message similar to the one below when you read the eticket email.
To turn off this security setting, do the following:
- In Outlook Express, select Tools, Options, then select the Security tab.
- Untick the box marked Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus.
(Note: the layout of security settings may vary based on your PC's operating system and version of Outlook Express)
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
When you now read your email, you should have access to the pdf eticket.
20. How do I print my eticket?
- When you receive your eticket email, open the attachment and save the PDF document to your PC's hard drive.
To view and print your eticket you must have Adobe Reader (at least version 4.0) installed on your PC and a laserjet or inkjet printer. If you don't have Adobe Reader installed on your PC, you can download it for free from www.adobe.com
- Before you print your eticket, make sure that your printer is switched on and is loaded with enough A4 paper.
- Please print one eticket per A4 sheet (not double sided). Your eticket can be printed in colour OR black and white as either of these options are acceptable.
- Please make sure that you print all pages from the PDF document and that all pages are printed only once.
- Then simply bring the printed copies with you to the event.
- If you have any problems printing your eticket, double check that your printer is turned on and the cables are connected to your computer. Also ensure that your computer has enough memory available. If necessary, try closing any unnecessary programs before attempting to print again.
- Open the eticket in Adobe Reader.
- Select File then Print...
- In the print window, tick the box marked Print as image. (Note: this option may be found in the advanced section of the print window)
- Click OK to print the eticket.
21. What if I don't receive my eticket?
If you've not received your eticket email within a few hours of booking, please check the junk mail and spam guard settings on your email account and any web security software your use.
Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) e.g. AOL may also be blocking your eticket email by mistaking it for spam. You can add The Ticket Factory email address (email@example.com) to your email contacts so it becomes a trusted address. If you continue to have any problems, please contact us .
22. What if the event is cancelled or postponed?
If your purchase was made through The Ticket Factory, tickets should be returned to the following address:
The Ticket Factory
PO Box 3348
We recommend that you return your tickets by Registered Post to ensure delivery.
For postponed concerts/events your tickets will remain valid and you will be notified of the new dates. If you are unable to attend the new date follow the above procedure to obtain a refund.
Please contact our Customer Services team.
24. How can I find out where I’ll be sitting?
The Ticket Factory does not send out seating plans as seating varies for each individual concert and the seating layout can be subject to change before the concert takes place. If you would like to view the seating plan for the show you wish to book tickets for, there is a plan displayed on The Ticket Factory website for each Individual show.
25. Where can I park?
Car parking is available depending on the venue. Please check with the venue direct for details.
26. Can I take pictures or record at an event?
PLEASE NOTE :The promoters of the concert or event will inform the venue of their policy regarding the admission of cameras to their shows.
Usually, professional type cameras (with interchangeable lenses) are not allowed in, with the exception of officially accredited photographers covering the event. Video cameras and audio recording equipment are very rarely let in, but often the Promoter will allow in small instamatic cameras. It has been known however, for all cameras to be banned at the request of the artiste.
27. How can I buy tickets for disabled visitors?
All disabled visitors are advised to call our dedicated ticket line number 0844 581 0700 (+44 121 782 3555 from outside the UK) when booking tickets. Please inform us at the time of booking if you need a wheelchair space or have specific requirements, so that we can arrange for everything to be ready on your arrival.
0844 581 0700 (+44 121 782 3555 from outside the UK)
Open 24 hours a day
Help us to improve
The Ticket Factory is a member of the "Employers Forum on Disability", and has signed up to the Disability Access Charter.
If you have any suggestions or comments you wish to make, please advise a member of staff. Alternatively, write to:
The Ticket Factory,
Customer Services team,
PO Box 3348,
- For The NEC visit www.thenec.co.uk/planningavisit/disabledvisitors
- For LG Arena visitwww.lgarena.co.uk/planningavisit/disabledvisitors
- For The NIA Arena visit www.thenia.co.uk/planningavisit/disabledvisitors
28. How do I find out what tickets are available?
If you wish to be added to our free e-mailing list, to receive updates about our forthcoming events on a regular basis, please go to our Newsletter Sign Up page.
29. How do I change my account password?
Call Customer Services on 0844 581 0777 and one of our team will be happy to help.