Business Development ManagerAn exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced sales professional to join our expanding and highly skilled team. You will be responsible for identifying and researching new business opportunities and sectors to continue to drive the expansion of The Ticket Factory and grow our broad inventory of concerts, events and venues across the UK.
Managing a small team of sales executives, reporting to the Commercial Director, you will have a proven business development and account management record within an organisation with a multi-million pound turnover. You will be expected to manage and report-on an active sales plan and event pipeline, with the confidence to commercialise leads and new business.
Driven to exceed targets, you will have a proven track record in delivering sales, with exceptional commercial negotiation skills, and be looking for your next career challenge. Ideally you will have an extensive knowledge of the UK live events industry, whether from a sport or entertainment background. Your impressive communication skills, experience of account management and building client relationships is vital. You’ll be confident in working autonomously, presenting to key decision makers and able to manage and prioritise multiple work-streams and accounts simultaneously.
You will need to be an open-minded and highly creative thinker, who thrives on seeking out the next big opportunity and you must have a proven history of delivering results consistently. You should be confident in formulating and implementing pricing and costing models and in responding to formal RFPs.
Overall it’s not just about qualifications; our business is exciting and very fast paced. We rely on dynamic and creative people to drive our success and hard work is rewarded with an excellent package and benefits.
You will be based at The NEC but travelling across the UK as required, predominantly Monday to Friday. A company car allowance is provided as part of the overall remuneration package.
Key Responsibilities include:
• To maximise ticket sales through the development of new business opportunities with a specific focus on identifying & securing new external agency ticketing contracts, in line with annual growth targets, developing a solid sales plan.
• To build good working relationships with existing clients and explore new or enhanced opportunities with existing accounts to maximise new business.
• To input into the sales & marketing strategies of The Ticket Factory, to ensure alignment with the continued growth of inventory and client expectations.
• Making high quality, well qualified appointments based on the sales plan
• Sourcing new leads for cold calling, researching and following up
• Negotiating and closing deals through prospect/client presentations and meetings
• Providing timely and detailed hand-over to the operational teams
Skills and Experience:
• Proven Business to Business (B2B) sales experience (minimum 3 years)
• Driven and self-motivated sales professional with a proven track record of successfully winning new business and building relationships with clients
• Skilled in identifying new markets and opportunities to generate new leads and an understanding of the full sales lifecycle
• Strong relationship builder and assertive style, good facilitation and influencing skills
• Commercial flair with sound financial analysis. Must be able to understand and develop business development plans that can deliver against a sales target
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise an often conflicting workload.
• Experience with producing tenders, sales presentations and presenting to senior management
• Strategic acumen, be someone who can think ‘outside the box’ and see bigger picture as well as the detail.
• Resilient and tenacious; Be confident and charismatic; Calm under pressure
• Computer literate – Microsoft and Apple preferred
In return we offer 24+ days holiday, company pension, free lunch for every day worked, free car parking and many other benefits to suit your life style.
To apply for this exciting and varied opportunity please email your CV and compelling covering letter to [email protected]
Closing date 16th November 2012